Apr 18, 2014

catching up

It's been far too long since my last post! Just to recap on what's happened in the last month: my blog turned 1 year old (woo-hoo!), I spent two weeks with my awesome youth group on a missions trip traveling to Mexico, building two houses for poor families there and traveling back (that was a really amazing trip!), and I've been recovering from a bad cold.  That's my last month or so in a nutshell. :)

I haven't had much time for sewing lately because of all my schoolwork! But as soon as I have more spare time, I have plans for skirts, shirts, shorts, dresses, etc... I'm really looking forward to the next season of Project sewn! I love looking through the outfits people come up with, and I usually sew along as well.

The Mexico trip was a truly awesome experience that I'm really glad I could have. We visited an area where there was a lot of poverty, and seeing that made me all the more grateful for what I have in Canada. Building the houses was fun and rewarding, and the whole trip was something I'll never forget! Here are a couple pictures I took on the trip to give you a small taste of what it was like:








I hope you all have a lovely Easter weekend! If you haven't heard Owl City's beautiful rendition of In Christ Alone, you should listen to it now. :) I'll be going to the Easter sunrise service with my youth group (6am!), getting together with family and friends, and enjoying the gorgeous spring weather and flowers popping up everywhere. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness those pictures are B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L. They totally capture the beauty of Mexico, the little moments of awe. Oh my gosh I'm gonna cry I want to go back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's what I was going for. :) Same here.

      Delete