Feb 3, 2014

Navy and white


I made this navy blue and white polka dot skirt about a week ago, as well as the white tank top. I'm wearing it with leggings and a cardigan because of the cold wind. The skirt's waistband is flat in the front, and gathered with elastic in the back. It also has deep side pockets, which are made of the same floral fabric as the front pocket of the tank top. The white tank top is made of knit fabric, and the pocket is floral cotton. I came up with the idea for this outfit after seeing the post on Project Sewn about the themes for the sew-along. This outfit is for week 3, "if the shoe fits." The shoes I'm wearing here are part of my inspiration for the outfit. You can vote for your favorite outfit over here.






You can see the floral pocket above. 


12 comments:

  1. Cute! I LLLOOOVVVEEE the skirt. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are really pretty with this outfit! :)
    kisses

    Francesca http://everydaycoffee23.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing outfit! I so wish I had started sewing as a teenager- You are so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. Both the individual pieces and the outfit as a whole are really great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your accent fabric! This skirt looks totally comfy and versatile--and I LOVE that it has pockets :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it is really pretty. It is! Me too, I knew I had to add some nice deep pockets.

      Delete
  6. Great job! I love how you combined knit and woven fabrics with the shirt.
    Kristi - kopykat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristi, it's nice to hear that you like it. :)

      Delete